Saturday, August 30, 2008

Eric And Ariel Halloween Costumes

FANTASTIC TALES II


this house is sold (story)
HP Lovecraft

A
"That old must be crazy ... "Said the agent the customer Early in season, newspaper clipping in hand, introduced her to request information about a property for sale in rural Luque. Insists on selling this house, almost morienda and ruined, the price of a preowned. I do not think you will like the house or the price, but if you insist, I'll hold a conversation with that example! lady.
The visitor, tall and robust, tired little over fifty years, nodded to the seller, snorting de calor pese al climatizador artificial que engañaba al tórrido verano.
—No se preocupe Ud. por detalles. Si llegamos a un acuerdo, tendrá su comisión. Esa casa es justo lo que necesito para mis ¡ejem! investigaciones. Apartada, silenciosa y con pocos vecinos fisgones. Lo que quisiera saber son los motivos por los cuales la dueña quiere venderla. Tengo entendido que es una anciana solitaria y mañosa.
—Sí. Es viuda de un funcionario jubilado, y su único hijo fue asesinado en circunstancias no muy claras, hace como diez años. Se sospecha que en un probable ajuste de cuentas entre robacoches o asaltantes. Nunca se supo quién lo mató, y la policía archivó el caso. —explicó Row property of the firm. You may not ever know the scenes of the matter. The ... this ... lady has no relatives or other descendants in the country. Property up for sale a while ago, but it turns out, the asking price is in line with the actual value of the property. The house will be demolished for all so, as is hardly standing of pure self-preservation and also no running water, electricity and drainage, but the site is beautiful.
"I can go alone, if you like. Said the client. I have my car and know the place. Maybe that ... Lady agrees to haggle a bit, but the property I like and am willing to pay the price you specify. I also I have family. I made a small fortune traveling the world and had no time to get married and all that. Maybe later.
After several exchanges of data, the client is retired. He scored on a card the name and surname of the elderly widow and some signs of the place. The property was in the suburbs of a small satellite city of Asunción, with dirt roads and rural landscapes typical of the metropolitan area. The client decided to travel around the rustic property to ensure the neighborhood and its dimensions. Found that out two or three dairy farms and ranches in the area, almost no neighbors. With regard to property, possession of less than one hectare Fifth, although quite abandoned and covered with weeds. Maybe I should spend time cleaning ... the pen, or a little less, before habitation.
"Sit down, please," said the widow, the prospective buyer. I'm so lonely since the death of my son and I have few opportunities to chat with someone. Do not hurry, right?
-No, ma'am, "replied the newcomer, concealing his evil contained anxiety. I plan to stay in the city to leave everything in order to move as soon as possible to this place. I have a rush to resume my work of anthropological research. I want to close the deal now. Then I will come to live here. Meanwhile, I will clean the property. I can present you with a sign that you have another site soon. Do not you think?
"I see you're eager to occupy the property master. What did you say his name? Asked the old eccentric old house, suddenly remembering that she was not released, but obviously that detail.
-Hurtado. Javier Hurtado, and delighted to meet you. Well
. Now, Mr. Hurtado treat their conditions and the sign that told me. If you like, then we sum up the business. I notice you a little nervous and tired, as if carrying a heavy weight on top. "Would like to pour a little orange juice?
"Excuse me. Is that I have enough time for a home to devote to writing and researching. I am an anthropologist and I long for the region Ayoreos y. .. Look, here I make a check for the first fifty million Gs. I would like to occupy the property as soon as possible.
- Why not, Mr Howard! But I think I'd better bring cash and cash. Come tomorrow with the money and give you the pleasure of going to a pension. Or maybe give me a walk around Europe. So long I want to know!
"With pleasure, ma'am. Tomorrow morning I'll come with money and a clerk for ...
- Oh! Do not worry you by the clerk. I give my word that I just received the money, I'll leave this place forever and you all morning in his notarized notary, where'll come early. Or maybe I can quote my clerk aquo it. That's it! Come evening, the clerk will come here to leave you with everything.
The man smiled with relief. The day after tomorrow could start the search ...!
Mr. Hurtado's car had to stay in a workshop that day because of an unforeseen mishap engine, so we took a taxi to go to your appointment with the elderly. The distance was not great and could maybe walk a bit to calm down. Was near its target. After dismissing the taxi driver, se internó por los ásperos senderos de tierra que conducían a la casona, donde finalmente se anunció aplaudiendo, y al divisar una débil luz que surgía de la puerta principal, entró con decisión. La dama lo recibió con amabilidad, empuñando un quinqué de kerosén y no pudo evitar tener que aceptar un vaso de limonada. Por otra parte el calor aún hegemónico pese a la hora, lo exigía convincentemente, sin duda. La anciana extendió una carpeta con el documento de propiedad, ya listo y con el recibo firmado por ella misma, pero era todo tan irreal a la mortecina luz de la farola y dos candiles, que hasta se sintió ridículo.
—Más tarde vendrá el escribano para el traspaso —dijo la señora—. Luego me iré a un hotel y le dejo las manos libres.
Tras beber todo el vaso de limonada, algo amarga por lo demás, Hurtado alzó su maletín como si fuese a echar mano al dinero contante que presuntamente traía. Luego de depositarlo en la mesa, púsose a leer el documento, de la propiedad, en tanto la anciana volvió a llenar su vaso con añadido de hielo, seguramente adquirido en un almacén, como intentando iniciar una charla informal. La anciana ni siquiera se molestó en contar los fajos de billetes. Simplemente se dirigió a él como confesándole una confidencia.
—Me va a doler mucho, señor, tener que dejar mi casa y los recuerdos de mi son, but of necessity I. I am so poor and helpless!
Mr. Howard took his glass and casually drank with relish. Why would the taste of bitter almonds? Oxidation "maybe?
"As I said," continued the matron, I figured that the murderer of my child ever, perhaps, appear again. Mr. Hurtado
yawned slightly to nod, something lacking in real interest. I did not expect the talk of the old, but would still current. Overall, the next day depart for ever. But ... why have not reached the happy clerk?
took another sip and continued coolant apparently aware of the talk of the widow. He even seemed tasty lemonade sweaty and filled the crystal decanter that carelessly left alone in front of you as inviting him to serve at pleasure and will.
"As I told you, that night my son came home, I found myself in it. On the day I learned that he was wanted by the police for assault on a millionaire in the capital of Alto Parana. When I returned the next day, said goodbye to me and fled to Argentina. I did not know why, days later returned to the house, curiously in my absence again and outwitting the border police. That same night he was killed after fierce fighting with her attacker ...
"Excuse me ma'am. Would not vary their ...? Inconclusively exclaimed Mr. Hurtado intrigued and yawned again. A gentle slumber was coming over him. It was almost midnight, the clerk was conspicuous by his absence and wished to complete its processing, perhaps embarrassed by the prevailing hot and maddening chatter of the widow, barely tempered by the refreshing sip of orange drink. A slight upset stomach put a little tense.
-addition to the participation of the liabilities of the firm entregadores assaulted, assault as were two people. One of them was my son and the other, his accomplice and a murderer. I never lost hope that he returned and try by all means take possession of this house, despite the price she might ask, to try to find the loot hidden somewhere in this property. For this reason, I put ads in newspapers and even offered a commission to a real estate. My son hid the loot here, according to the press at the time, reached the ten million dollars. The lady went on telling without haste or pause
"All these years I figured that the murderer would expect wisely. Most prospective buyers were discouraged by the excessive price of the house, and did not return again, but I was still waiting. Hurtado
shifted uncomfortably in his armchair, why this sudden tummy ache? Would this ruin decent toilet? I doubt it. And this old charlatan who ...
"Then I looked for a gardener in a nearby town and told him that I dig a hole big enough for two cubic meters of garbage, which would be used in cleaning up this property for sale," continued the old lady calmly and impassively smiling, almost would say, ominously. And believe me it will help to bury the murderer of my son, who has appeared to buy the property, as I thought. And on top, with hard cash. Mr. Hurtado
rose early to face the widow, but his glassy eyes saw only a haze in front of you. Tried to open his bag for a drink, but returned to be dropped in the worn armchair in the room. Painstakingly he heard the words of the widow, and powerless to try anything so shocked. And those terrible pains in her belly!
-preferred quote tonight and believe me no one will know of your visit. Nor will the escibano ... or anyone. Yesterday I had to put some sugar in the carburetor of your car when you went through the estate, to force him to come without him. Taxi drivers are more discreet and not show her body in a timely fashion, there would be no problem. Nobody knows him here.
Mr. Hurtado se sentía cada vez más pesado y frío. Aún estaba conciente pero ya impotente para una mínima reacción. En tanto, la monótona voz de la anciana proseguía martillando implacable como la muerte: Hurtado no podía articular palabra ni gesto y sus nublados y alucinados ojos miraban al infinito en postrer estupefacción, ya casi sin fuerzas, ni siquiera para mantener la cabeza erguida.
—Habrá observado que la limonada tenía un gustito como de ajenjo o almendras amargas. ¡Es el sabor del cianuro, con que vengaré la muerte de mi hijo! Ahora estamos en paz. Mañana haré reserva en Aerolíneas Argentinas para Roma. En cuanto a Ud., tardarán bastante en encontrarlo... si es que ever find it. And then, a hundred kilos of quicklime will erase your bones long before my return. And thank you, sir, with this money to compensate her for the death of my only son. His body will also lie in this land. Have much to discuss in the afterlife, I suppose. It took three years to find the hidden ten million dollars, which are safely in several Swiss banks. I do not feel guilty because they were stolen from a border smuggler. Thief who steals from a thief, a hundred years of pardon. Right, Mr. Hurtado? Or should I call Colonel Izmenardi? My child's first visit told me about the assault, in complicity with a colonel retired, who provided weapons, the operational plan and command submissive reports, company employees assaulted. But he chose to evade his accomplice and hide the loot in the house of his mother, a poor old widow, anonymous and morbid ...
The sinister voice of the widow and found himself listening more and more muted, as if moved away towards the horizon, while his stunned party lost in the mist of his senses vanishing and increasingly turned off by the pain and frustration. He had been so close to achieving its goal! But Mr Howard, or whoever it was, and could hardly get words and not strength left to complain about it. In his fevered imagination pudo, o creyó ver, al hijo de la viuda sonriendo irónico, esperándolo al otro lado de la muerte, aunque con las manos vacías. Tan vacías como las suyas.

http://www.tetraskelion.org/trova/index.html
Para acceder a las músicas compuestas e interpretadas por Chester Swann
con el Proyecto VOX POPULI , integrado por Noelia Núñez (voz), Lea Rodas (voz), Horacio Cordeiro (Estudios Adagio), Quique Calabrese (Guitarra, pista 11), Rolo Chaparro (guitarra, track 10), Chester Swann (electric guitars 6 and 12 strings, keyboards, synthesizers and samplers, low electroacústiuco, arrangements,
voice, chorus, composition and final assembly). Before entering the URL, you please put on the headphones. Thanks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment